Builder Connected Data Bugs

Builder content link

Builder public api key
c3a9a6705ae44a54ba64f58a0a9bae3b

What are you trying to accomplish
I am trying to make dynamic pages using a data models but I’m experiencing buginess with the data model feature. I have created a CMS data model and created 2 pieces of content and connected it to the page. However, most of the the time builder tells me to connect a data source when the editor shows the data is already connected. If I connect the same data 2 or 3 times I can eventually is it. What’s going on?

Screenshots or video link

Code stack you are integrating Builder with
NextJS

Reproducible code example
If you are having integration errors, please link to codesandbox or copy and paste your problematic code here. The more detail the better!

Hi @spm922,

We cannot reproduce this possible reported issue with dynamic data binding.

You can find more on connecting data and looping over items on the pages below:

Loom: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

Interesting. Not sure why this is suddenly working now.

On the page you made I’m trying to repeat over an object that uses a reference to the city object. For example, there is a state object which defines some properties and then a reference to a list of city objects within a list. I can’t seem to make that work. Could you take a look?

Hello @spm922 ,

Currently, there isn’t a way to includeRefs in the UI but this is a great feature request that you can add to https://ideas.builder.io/

We have includeRefs in the query API, so instead of using the data source UI, you could call the query API in the Custom JS section of the data tab or as an API data source in your page.