Creating Links to Assets

I am trying to create a link to a PDF that I want rendered on my site. I have uploaded the PDF into the asset library but am now trying to create a bulleted list within a text block where each bullet is a link to a PDF in the asset libary. When I use the add link button I just get a popup to enter the URL of the link but as this is an asset stored in Builder I am unsure of what the url is. What is the best appraoch to support this fairly common use case?

Thanks,
John
Please fill out as many of the following questions as possible so we can help you promptly! If you don’t know how to answer or it does not apply, feel free to remove it or leave it blank.

Builder content link
e.g. Builder.io: Visual Development Platform

Builder public api key
go to Builder.io: Visual Development Platform and copy your PUBLIC api key

What are you trying to accomplish
e.g. I want to integrate builder on a landing page

Screenshots or video link
Screenshots of your issue, or even better a link to a video of what is happening or what you are trying to accomplish. We love using loom for that sort of thing

Code stack you are integrating Builder with
e.g. NextJS, react, Shopify

Reproducible code example
If you are having integration errors, please link to codesandbox or copy and paste your problematic code here. The more detail the better!

Hey @jhs129!

You can find the link to anything you upload to Builder in the Asset Library.

You can also create a Data Model that stores any number of PDFs that you’ll need to link. That way, if you want to link to them on several pages or need to update the file for a PDF later, you can do that without manually linking each PDF on every page!

I recorded a video that walks through this:

Please let me know if you have further questions about this.

Thanks,
Logan from Builder

Hi Logan-
Thanks for the video. That was very helpful. One remaining question I do have is how do I do this if I need to apply some formatting around the link. Specifically, in my example I am trying to create a bulleted list of links to PDF’s. With your example I can easily create a list of links but I don’t have the ability to style each link. The only think I can think of is to create a custom component to create this styling but was wondering if there was a low code way to do that?

Hello @jhs129,

If you’d like to apply the same formatting to each link, you have a couple of options available:

1. You can use the style tab within your editor to apply consistent styling to all links.
  2. Alternatively, you can utilize custom CSS to apply different styles to each link individually.

For further assistance and visual guidance, I’ve created a Loom video that you can refer to at the following link:

I hope this helps!

Thanks,