How can I use richText in custom component

Hi! Im trying to create a custom component using richText as the type. So far so good, but when I use the component in the visual editor and type in text the text displays in html. I know there is a solution where you can use dangerouslySetInnerHTML, but is there no other way to do this?

Hello @matrodz,

Welcome to the Builder.io forum post.

I’ve successfully reproduced the issue you’re experiencing. It appears to be a bug, and I’ll promptly share this feedback with our product team for further investigation.

In the meantime, as a workaround, you can click on the code option for the richText editor and manually remove the HTML tags if it helps alleviate the issue.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Would appreciate if this was looked on and fixed, your workaround might be good for an developer or someone more used to html code, but we have copywriters and so on working in the visual editor and they might not be so keen on using that :slight_smile:

Hello @matrod,

I wanted to inform you that a request has been raised for our product team to investigate this matter further. Rest assured, I will keep you updated as soon as any progress is made.

Thank you for your patience.