How to create a file upload option on a form?

Hi, is there a no code way for creating a file upload option on a form? Any ideas on where to store form submissions including the file?
I currently have a form with no file upload option that links to an Airtable via Zapier.

Hi @asriram, and welcome to the Builder.io forum! Itā€™s good to see you.

You can set an ā€˜uploadā€™ option by dragging in an input block and setting its type to ā€˜fileā€™:

Regarding the storage of that file, this is going to depend on your backend. You can read more about that portion in the Building Forms help article. Youā€™ll want to connect an API URL to POST your form data from Builder to Airtable, so you may want to reach out to a developer or seek out a tutorial on the Airtable metadata API.

Thank you!
~ Logan from Builder.io

1 Like

Hey @logan! Thank you so much! Yeah I figured Airtable supports it & I found a way to store it. This was really helpful!

1 Like

Hi @logan, is there any documentation I can refer for max file sizes & file types supported by Builder?

Hey @asriram,

Thereā€™s no limitation on filetype.

We have a limit of 30MB for the entire submission when you are using the ā€œSend to Emailā€ option. I am not aware of a limit when you are sending data to a database, but let me know if it appears that you are running into one!

Thanks,
Logan from Builder.io

1 Like