Need Help Installing @builder.io/angular Module in Angular 16 Application

I’m currently grappling with a challenging situation while attempting to install the @builder.io/angular module into my Angular 16 application. The only workaround I’ve found so far is to execute npm install --force, but I’m hesitant to resort to this approach as it may introduce unforeseen issues down the line.

Here’s a bit more context:

• I’ve followed the installation instructions provided by Builder.io meticulously.
  • Despite ensuring compatibility with my Angular 16 version, the installation process hits a roadblock.
  • Various attempts to troubleshoot the issue haven’t yielded a satisfactory solution.

Specifically, I’d like to avoid using npm install --force due to potential risks and dependencies conflicts. Instead, I’m hoping to explore alternative methods or gather insights from the community on how to tackle this problem more effectively.

If anyone has encountered similar challenges with integrating @builder.io/angular into an Angular 16 project or has suggestions on how to navigate this issue without resorting to a forceful npm install, I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thank you for your time and assistance!

Hi @Dhruvesh,

Regarding your inquiry about Angular compatibility, I wanted to clarify that our support for Angular begins from version 16.3 onwards. This is due to the functionality of ngComponentOutlet, which aligns with our requirements starting from that version. You can find more detailed information about this in this Medium article.

We now support Angular, including the latest version, Angular 17 but there are some limitations with SSR use

If your project requires Angular 16 specifically, we recommend checking out our universal example provided in our GitHub repository: BuilderIO/angular-universal.