Add template to page created with POST request thru Write API

Builder content link

Builder public api key
9f61122ec08b43a49757750e75578a5b

What are you trying to accomplish
We’re using the Write API to create a new page each time we create a certain object in our database. We have a template set up that gives us the basic layout/functionality for these pages, so that our employees only have to edit a few things before pushing the new page to our production app. I know we can set up a new page or model with the Write API, but is it possible to add a template at the same time? Building out the template programmatically each time would get pretty cumbersome.

Code stack you are integrating Builder with
React, Ruby on Rails

Hello @jacobHappied,

Welcome to the builder.io forum post.

Would you be able to share the template example or perhaps the JSON structure for the template that you would like to post using write API?

Sure, this is a link to a page that is using the template Builder.io: Visual Development Platform

Where would I find the JSON structure for the template? I can send that as well if it would help. My hope was that I would just be able to reference a template ID in the API call that would add it to the page, but I didn’t see any way to do that in the docs.

Hi Manish,

Does the link I provided in an earlier comment give you what you need or is there something else I should provide? I don’t know that I can directly link to the template, I didn’t see any way to copy a link for it in the editor.