Blog post - help binding a referenced data model

Please fill out as many of the following questions as possible so we can help you promptly! If you don’t know how to answer or it does not apply, feel free to remove it or leave it blank.

Builder content link

Builder public api key
cf1d5d5b5e5a4a85a49e19bc72b814d2

What are you trying to accomplish
I am trying to bind a data model’s property field to a content page model. However, the data model is a reference to the data model that is being queried to show up.
For context. We are creating a blog article page template. We created a dynamic rendering of content based on the data model’s slug. So, I render the blog article by putting in the preview the slug, and have access to all of the data model fields. One field, is an author field which is a reference to another data model - author. Within the author data model, I want to display the full name. How can I do that?

Currently, I’m trying to do - export default state.blogArticle.data.author.fullName. It just isn’t showing anything right now.

state.blogArticle.data gives access to all fields in the blog data model. The .author after that is trying to access the referenced field.

Screenshots or video link
Screenshots of your issue, or even better a link to a video of what is happening or what you are trying to accomplish. We love using loom for that sort of thing

Was able to fix it by using a console log to determine data structure.

This was the full state name to reference: export default state.blogArticle.data.author.value.data.fullName