Component Models are renamed?

It says section before creating a model, then it says component after created. I think it’s quite confusing and I wonder the reason for that change.

Hey @mehmetkose - you’re right, we have renamed this type of model to avoid confusion, as there was confusion as to the difference between a component model vs a custom component, etc.

We will update the copy after created in the models list to call them section - thanks for catching that!

Does this mean that in the tutorials you have created, when they are referring to ‘Models’, we should be looking at the ‘Sections’?

I am specifically referring to this page linked below at the moment, as this is where I am up to in my learning process - and I had to come here to find out what I am doing wrong as the guide doesn’t seem relevant anymore, and I can’t continue.

Also, have there been any other changes? As the guide refers looking the “Page” section and clicking +New and selecting “Page”, but the page options don’t include a Page - only a home page, landing page, o r other options that don’t seem relevant.

Hi @leathersatchel,

Welcome to the builder forum.

That’s right they are now called sections. You can use Builder Sections to create reusable content across multiple pages. You can manage the code within your codebase and teammates in the UI can iterate in the Visual Editor. Examples include:

A model is a paradigm—a pattern for something else. Builder offers three kinds of models that define content types:

You can learn more about them at Intro to Models

By default, a Builder Space comes with one Page model, which most people use for the content between the header and footer. Uses for Page models include:

With just one Page model, you can create countless pages with unique URLs and edit those pages in the drag-and-drop interface of the Visual Editor.

Let us know if you have any further questions. or concerns Thank you!

What an awesome reply. Thank you.

You mentioned, page models and linked to some page ‘blueprints’, and on your bullet list you list 3 items. The second one is not listed… Content pages for “about us, etc.”

When I go to the main blueprints there’s no content page listed, just the homepage and landing pages, do you how do we build Content pages? Or how can I add a blueprint for a Content Page?

I have tried creating a landing page for ‘Content’ but the URL is always a subset of domain.com/pages/ which is not what I want, I would like domain.com/ eg. domain.com/aboutus as the URL.

I have tried using the landing page as set-up with domain.com/pages/aboutus and then using the targeting to get it to appear on the domain.com/aboutus URL, but it doesn’t work. So I assumed I am using the wrong Blueprint, but the ‘content’ blueprint no longer exists.

Can you help?

When are the tutorials that teach people how to build using your tool going to be updated to

Hi @leathersatchel,

With the page model, you have the option to remove the URL path prefix, as shown in the below image

If this doesn’t help then could you please help us with any builder content link of yours?