Content Organization Best Practices

Hi-

I am exploring building a large site with Builder.io that has thousands of pages and images. From experience with other CMS products I know that there are usually best practices for how to organize content and images especially when you have large amounts. Can anyone share some best practices for how to organize content in builder? For example, is there a limit to the number of items that should be in a folder? What are best practices for organizing images so they can easily be found? Etc.

Thanks,
John

Hello @jhs129,

Thank you for considering Builder.io for your CMS needs.

While Builder.io doesn’t impose strict limits, it’s beneficial to maintain a manageable number of items within folders for ease of navigation and organization.

When creating Pages, Sections, or Data entries in Builder, you’ll find them all conveniently accessible in the Content area of the Builder UI. Here, you can employ powerful search functionality and folder organization, and even customize views to suit your workflow preferences.

For a comprehensive understanding of content management in Builder.io, I recommend exploring our detailed documentation available at Managing Content.

Likewise, you can effectively organize your images within Builder.io. Our platform allows you to arrange assets into folders, simplifying the process of searching and selecting the right image.

For more insights into organizing your assets using Builder.io’s Asset Library, please refer to Organizing with the Asset Library.

If you have any further questions or need assistance, feel free to reach out. We’re here to help!