Copy Models Between Spaces

Hello,

I have 2 spaces in my org (production and dev). Is it possible to share content between spaces? I want to build in dev and then deploy to prod. How can I achieve this without recreating everything in prod.?

Specifically for sharing models between spaces, we have a feature in beta using our graphql API.

For sharing content entries between spaces, you can currently do that by downloading your content, right clicking your content in the editor and select “download content as JSON.” Then you can navigate to a page in your other space, right click in the editing window, and select “upload builder.json file.” These steps are outlined here as well.

Besides multiple spaces, there are a couple of other options for managing multiple environments in Builder.

1 Like

Hi kara, I was just curious if this feature is still in beta and where I could find some documentation on it. I have a few models that I’ve been having to add to each of my spaces and it would be nice if I could add them to one and then duplicate them to the rest to reduce user error. I have seen this topic which talks about using the admin api to clone and then create a new space, so I imagine I could probably use that to sync spaces, but your response makes it seems like there might be a specific feature available, so I just wanted to check before attempting the admin api approach.

Hi @TSIA_SN, Happy Monday!

In order to copy any content or models or anything between spaces you would need to use our GraphQL Content API and Write APIs and some custom scripting to keep things up to date.

For the specific feature, please look at this doc: Spaces - Builder.io

Feel free to reach out if you have further questions or concerns!

Builder content page: Builder.io: Drag & Drop Headless CMS

Hi @garima I have been trying to copy over some section models and pages to our new space, but I m having some difficulty. For example, I am clicking on a page, and then clicking on the 3 dots in the top right corner, then clicking “copy to another space”. Once i click the space I want, i am then creating the page and copying it over. However, when I do that, the page comes up empty or missing a few symbols. This then causes me to have to click on each symbol, and select it from the “entry” input and then it loads on the page (see attached image).

Is there a way to solve this issue without having to select it from the entry input every time for every page I copy over? This doesn’t seem very efficient so I’m not sure if it’s something we are doing wrong, or if this is a builder issue.