Custom targeting 'inherit' on the symbol from the page

Hey!

In our project we enabled custom targeting:

Now let’s suppose we have multiple page for example:

• baseurl/hu/home
  • baseurl/en/home
  • baseurl/de/home

We can use custom targeting for this page, so our English users will see the en page, German users the de page.

On this page we use one of our symbol, and on that symbol we have a data entry which is localized with the help of custom field localization:

We bind this entry to our symbol:

And now comes the tricky part, is it possible that we somehow can use the custom targeting ?
Because when I want to bind my data for example for my text:
I have to choose one of the language

Is it possible that we automatically do that, (without duplicate our symbol and without passing an extra input parameter to my symbol on the fly, eg the locale))? So we have our custom targeting pages, and the urls already consists the locale in there. How can I “custom target” my symbol, that on my:

• hu page the symbol will bind the state.data.title.hu
  • en page the symbol will bind the state.data.title.en
  • de page the symbol will bind the state.data.title.de

Hope you understand my worries, and please let me know if you have an idea for it or need some explanation.
Thank you very much!

Test symbol and entry: Builder.io: Drag and drop page builder and CMS

Hi @radikris as you mentioned this is not currently supported but it is actually a feature currently in development. I will keep you posted once it has been released in the next few weeks!

@TimG any update on this? what does the next few week means, can you please specify an about time, when can we expect this?

Hey @radikris, I actually followed up with our dev team this morning! We plan to release this in beta hopefully sometime later this week, and if you would like to help us test it as a beta user, I can let you know once it is live and we can turn it on for your account. Will keep you posted

1 Like

would be glad to be part of this!

Hey @TimG any update on this feature?

Hey @radikris , this has been pushed to your organization for beta, check it out!

If you add Builder data model to the page that has localization, it will give you the locale dropdown, which you can select from one of your targeting attributes, or you can select Dynamic (bound to state) and you can use state (by passing in data from your app, content input, or any other source) to set which content to display:

Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 12.53.41 PM

As mentioned before, this feature is currently in beta, so check it out and please let us know if you encounter any issues or have any feedback. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts! :slight_smile:

Currently this feature is broken.
Maybe an update messed this up?

And the locale is missing: