Localization in Builder

This doc has moved! → Learn how to do localization in Builder here

was looking to build POC with 1st option with Free tier plan … and figured out that custom targeting is only available starting from Growth plan which is $40 user/mo :neutral_face:

Hi @karel ,

You could also use custom fields on the Builder model and query off of those, instead of using targeting. Here is an example of how to use custom fields to query specific entries based off of custom fields: How do I show different content in my development, qa, and production environments using Builder?. The example is for querying different entries based off of an environment field, but you could change that to be called locale and give it the different options that you want to have.

is this still available on Builder.io now? I can’t find locale option on custom targeting page

Hello @maddy
Could you please help me to implement the localization in builder.io for the custom component in react JS.
I have tried too many things and also I’ve created the custom target but not able to reach my goal so please help me to in out from this problem
it would be great if you’ll help me

Thanks in advance
Pooja

Hi @pooja!

Since custom components are code that you control, Builder does not have any influence over them. You will need to make your custom components localized with something like https://react.i18next.com/. Then you will need to pass the targeting locale into the component so the component can do the localization.

Hi @maddy @korey

I wrote a whole section with a localized list issue, can you please check out and answer that I need it by tomorrow:

Thank you very much for your help!

Hi @radikris, I will take a look and get back to you on your post linked above!

1 Like

Yes, thank you let’s continue there!