How do I add multiple choice custom fields to a model?

You can add a list of pre-defined options to a custom field on a Builder model. This is useful for fields that have a set of options, and are not open ended like a description or url slug. In order to add a custom field with a set of multiple choice (pre-defined) options, go to the model options page for the model you are adding the field to.

Next, add a new field or select one to modify. Set the field type to text. Then click on “more options”:

Next, turn the enum option on, and add the options you want to have appear in the values input

Save the model, and you are done!

Hi Korey,

This is great, but how can you select multiple options from the list of pre-defined choices? I only see the option of selecting just one of them from the dropdown.

For example, if the enum values are Option 1, Option 2 and Option 3, and I want to be able to select both Option 1 and Option 2 from the dropdown, is there a way to do this?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @narcismus,

Hi Narcis!

A reference custom field type only accepts a single reference. However, if you want to accept multiple references, you can either put multiple reference-type custom fields on the page, or you could create the input as a list type, and have the subfields be references.

Let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you

1 Like

Hi @manish-sharma

Using references in multiple choices makes it hard to query data by that field. is there another workaround for it?