How to integrate builder.io in magento using the new magento plugin

Hi Team,

we would like to know about integrating builder io with Magento. Can you guys please share how we can integrate real-time pages from builder io to Magento with the new Magento plugin developed by the builder io team? please share the dev docs for the same or any demo.

Hi @infosys.team our most up to date docs for Magento can be found here: builder/plugins/magento2 at main · BuilderIO/builder · GitHub

Take a look and check the walk through…I would suggest connecting Magento to your space and creating and playing around with some demo pages. As always, we are happy to help if you encounter any trouble or have specific questions!

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply. can you please give elaborate steps to connect the Magento plugin to my Magento store? I have followed the below steps

1. Enabled the Magento integration in the list of integrations
  2. Saved the store URL
    what is the next step to see a simple HTML static page in my Magento store?

please help here!

Hi @infosys.team!

Unfortunately, there isn’t an officially-supported way to display content from Builder inside Magento. I’m not very familiar with that platform, but if there’s a way to embed external webpages inside your Magento pages, that’s probably the route you’d want to go.

I do see that one can develop Magento extensions that communicate with external API’s. I don’t know how these extensions can be used, but if they can populate your Magento pages with content from Builder, you could write an extension that pulls data from Builder’s content API in JSON or the GraphQL API. You could even use the HTML API to get server-rendered HTML and inject that onto your page.

One more thing. Your instinct to enable the Magento integration was a sound one, but unfortunately our e-commerce integrations don’t push data from Builder to Magento. For that matter, they don’t pull data from Magento into Builder.

Builder’s e-commerce plugins create custom types corresponding to your external platform’s resources, which you can use when targeting content, previewing content, and using your content as a symbol inside of Visual Editor. Typically, you would write the integration yourself to pull the relevant data from Magento and display it inside of your Builder content. The plugin helps in that.

I’m actually in the middle of overhauling our plugin/integrations documentation, and I will be sure to address this confusion.

I hope that helps clarify things a bit!

I’m not sure you can figure it out on your own. You can search for an algorithm on how to install plugins, such instructions are freely available, also you can refer to services like Get Magento 2 Support and Maintenance Services | Atwix or others, which also serve magento directly. The thing is that in plugins connection can arise very slippery moments that may be different for each user. For example, when installing a plugin, I had problems with starting the server, it took me a very long time to find a solution to the problem and I had to contact tech support. Hope it helped you in some way.