More information on tracking conversions

Hi Team,
Can you please provide more information on tracking conversions for the checkout.
We are using headless approach, code base is in react and for orders we are using shopify.
Thanks.

Hi @IshitaSatija,

For information on tracking conversion, you can find help at Tracking conversions and custom events in a headless setup

Let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you

Hi @manish-sharma ,
Thanks for your reply. I have added the code which is being appended in the url for checkout. Can you please let me know how do I test if it is being appended correctly.
Also how can I test the same in the thankyou page?
Thanks

Hi @IshitaSatija,

You need to associate the session on the store with the conversion on the thankyou page, for that you want to pass the sessionId as a query param on the thankyou page URL

const thankyouUrl = useThankyouUrl() +
   `&builder.overrideSessionId=${builder.sessionId}`

You can read more about them at Tracking Conversions

Let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you

Hi @manish-sharma , I don’t see any output in the builder conversion tab after adding tracking conversion for checkout URL. Builder session id is appended in the checkout URL.
How do I test the tracking conversion? Currently it says no record found for tracking conversions.
Can you please provide the steps for testing it.

Hi @IshitaSatija,

I recommend checking out this doc: Builder vs. Shopify Conversions - Builder.io

Which explains how we reference session IDs to assign tracking of conversion to an associated content block. The information outlined in this doc specifically mentions conversions but also holds true of other tracking events, such as clicks and impressions, and even your custom tracking events.

Hopefully, that adds some clarity, please let me know if there are any further questions we can assist you with!