Passing event actions to custom components without having to drop into custom code

Hi,

I’m trying to see if there is a way to allow a UI designer to reference custom actions defined in state data to be passed to a custom component via a binding instead of having to use the custom code action editor.

E.G.

Using the multi-page funnel where there is a navigateNext and navigateBack action defined and bound to state, in order to use these within a component, I need to select custom code and enter state.navigateNext(); as javascript. This kinda defeats the focus on the user being a UI designer and not an engineer. Is there anyway to surface actions defined within state more visually in the actions editor?

Thanks

Hi @jwalsh , you are correct, currently you would need to add the action as part of custom code. That being said, I think this is a great idea for a feature request within Builder, and the perfect opportunity to let you know about our feature request platform! ideas.builder.io !

Here you can submit feedback and feature requests and vote on submissions from other users. I have gone ahead and submitted this as a new idea: pull custom actions from state/context into edit action UI | Ideas

Feel free to vote for it and any other issues you think could be beneficial to your experience with Builder!