Random JSON errors from Gatsby build process suggesting failed API call

@sami @Misko I’m pleased to report that, since the mention of the fix going up, we’ve not had a single error occur during the build process.

Looks like you’ve been successful in squashing this one.

Thanks for sticking with me and getting to the bottom of it - it’s much appreciated.

@sami Seems I may have spoken too soon:

@Misko @sami Strangely, I have had at least a dozen of these errors today. It has been very solid for the last few days, hence my earlier message that it seemed to have been fixed.

Does it have something to do with volume? I’ve been running lots of builds locally, debugging something else, and these issues have started to pop up again during that process. Seems to be getting more frequent the more builds I do.

Sorry to hear that. I heard that you are working with Sami on this issue? He should be able to help you out more.

Hey Ash,

Can you add @Sami Jaber to the source code.

@Misko Apologies for the radio silence on this, end of the year got pretty busy for us.
I’ve been chatting with @sami via private message and he suggested some extra logging around the error, to which I have implemented the suggested and I’m now finding that the error is a 503 first byte timeout error.

Hoping this helps round down where this bug is coming from?

Its worth noting that for the last few weeks, we’ve had next to no errors occurring in the builds over the xmas/new year holiday period (which was nice) but its very strange in that a number of our clients have been today receiving errors in the builds (and trust, first day back on the tools as well).

Hi @Ash - it seems I am getting this error as well sporadically - but it appears to be increasing in frequency the last week - 4 times the last 24 hours.