Security error - Next JS + Shopify

Hello,
Very new to Builder but already loving what’s possible with it. A quick one: I have cloned the nextjs + shopify repo, done all the env variables as needed, setup a development store on Shopify and even managed to have the space show up in Builder. My problem so far is if I try to edit any of the available pages (so far I just have faq and about-us), I get a “Security error: failed to read the local ‘storage’ property from ‘window’. Access is denied for this document.” - A screenshot of the error can be seen here → Security error - Album on Imgur

What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @njuguna,

Could this be related to a security setting on your browser? for example if you’re using chrome, try allowing access to local storage: Uncaught SecurityError: Failed to read the 'localStorage' property from 'Window': Access is denied for this document. , we’ll also address this in code in future updates to the starter (wrap calls to localStorage with try/catch, PRs welcome)

Hey Azziz,
thanks for the reply. Not very sure about the browser security settings…yes am using Chrome, I’ll try allowing access to local storage, maybe even try out a different browser and see if it persists.