WriteAPI extremely long response times

Hi there, I’m writing a bulk upload/sync script that pulls from a DAM/PMI and updates my Builder project with the Write and Upload API. I’m noticing that the endpoint either doesn’t respond or takes approximately 14+ seconds to return a result.

I’ve replicated this this in Postman and get the same issue. Here’s a screenshot of my test:

Unfortunately this is blocking me from completing my content migration utility, so it’s a tad concerning for me at the moment.

Any advice/support would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks =)

hey @davedbase could you share the script youre running to the write/upload APIs? I can take a look and try to dig into it deeper for you

Hopefully this cURL request that simulates the issue properly will suffice:

curl --location --request POST 'https://builder.io/api/v1/write/product' \
--header 'Authorization: Bearer [write token]' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
--data-raw '{"name":"Fillet","data":{"attributes":null,"category":"","sku":"103","channelAdvisorId":343571,"status":"A","description":"","collection":"","colour":["Silver"],"colourType":["Single Tone"],"colourDescription":["Urban Silver Leaf"],"finish":["Gilded"],"finishType":["Satin"],"costPerFoot":0,"height":0.31,"width":0.44,"rabbet":0.13,"profile":"","profileImage":"","availableAs":{"chop":true,"galleryFrames":true,"join":true,"length":true,"mirror":true,"photoFrames":true,"rail":true}}}'

Hopefully the above was enough to demonstrate the issue.

Hmmmm, this issue doesn’t seem to have resolved on our end and is currently blocking us from importing ~3000 product records. Is there an an alternate method for bulk uploads perhaps like a JSON or CSV migration utility?

Hi @davedbase that is a typical response time for the Write API. That said it should not block or fail. Have you tried writing in smaller chunks, like 10 entries in parallel at the same time?

I also tried your curl request myself and didn’t have any issues with it failing. Is there another one you can share that is getting blocked?

HI @davedbase , just wanted to let you know we made some improvements to our Write API and the response time should be down to just a few seconds now!

Best,
AJ

1 Like