Bash:builder command not found

Dear builder folks,
i am having trouble with running the application.
I installed builder globally. I cd’ed into my directory nextjs-shopify-master. Then I ran,
npm install --global “@builder.io/cli”. Builder was installed just fine.
But when I run the command-
builder create --key “” --name “” --debug, I get a bash:builder command not found. What is the reason? Help, please.
I am using a mac btw. Is it because I haven’t registered in Shopify? Your help will be appreciated.

ps- I have inserted the key from my builder.io account, and also written the app name.

Hey @Jay.Rajkumar, thanks for reaching out! Can you please send my the Public API key for your Builder space? (Feel free to DM me if you’d like). Thanks!

bpk-f5f64dc287dd4e5394a26d615afaf1c7
do you think it was an issue with the key, or with the command?

Hey @Jay.Rajkumar, this appears to be an issue with your terminal setup if the builder command was not found. If you’d like us to investigate, would you mind sharing reproduction steps, a code sandbox, or a github repo and we’ll take a look.

Dear Kara, I downloaded the zip from this location- GitHub - BuilderIO/nextjs-shopify: The ultimate starter for headless Shopify stores.
I didn’t fork, or clone the repo. Just zipped it and extracted to my desktop. Once inside the repository, tried the following commands.

npm install --global “@builder.io/cli” (this worked fine)

builder create --key “” --name “” --debug (this failed)

Did i answer your question?

Hey @Jay.Rajkumar,

It seems like there may be a NPM-related configuration problem in your system. Not finding the builder command indicates that $PATH is not properly configured.

Can you try prepending npx to the builder command? Such as:

npx builder create --key “” --name “” --debug

If this doesn’t work, I would recommend checking your NPM/Node.js installation.

If you installed the builder cli globally and yet you’re still getting builder command not found you can fix this issue by following the accepted answer here https://stackoverflow.com/a/15623632/3109205