Builder pages do not work with Safari 12

I noticed when testing one of my production Builder landing pages in Safari 12, the page will load for about a second and then go blank. I watched the network tab and it’s when the JS file is loaded: component—src-templates-page-jsx-bc7611c894a0f1542163.js

I’m using Gatsby + Netlify to deploy but the standard Gatsby index page loads just fine. It’s only the pages with Builder content.

Video of problem; https://assets.saucelabs.com/jobs/224e46dbb9d7443faac109ad91029cc3/video.mp4

Please advise

This has to do with the changes made to the Builder Gatsby plug-in as the same site deployed with older version of Builder/Gatsby works fine on older versions of Safari.

I’m wondering how widespread this is and if there’s more than just older Safari that isn’t supported.

Hi @Agency, can you please share which versions of Gatsby and @builder.io/gatsby you are using? Thanks!

Hey, thanks for getting back to me.

So the Gatsby version that works with old Safari is: 4.14.0
The Builder/Gatsby plugin that works with old Safari is: ^3.0.1

The Gatsby version I’m using now is: 5.4.2
The Builder/Gatsby plugin that I’m using now is: ^3.0.3

Let me know if you need anything else.
Thank you

Hi @Agency, I tried testing this but was unable to reproduce the behavior. Could you please share a minimal reproduction with Github? Thanks!

Can you share your Github username with me? They are private repositories.

Sure, I just messaged you privately!

Thank you. I sent you a request to 2 repos.

gadget-guide is the one I’m using now that does not work with Safari 12.
upgraded-eureka is the older repo with older gatsby and builder that works with Safari 12.

Were you able to build the sites from the repos? @ancheetah

Hi @Agency , thanks for sharing your repos. I was able to build and deploy with Netlify. It works on the versions of Safari available to us but we don’t currently have a way to test on Safari 12. Can you try upgrading to the latest version of @builder.io/react for the time being while we investigate? Thanks!

So you can test across many different browsers manually for free here: https://app.saucelabs.com/

I updated the project to the latest @Builder.io/react package (2.0.14) and the issue still persists. I can upload a working video if you’d like to see exactly what happens.

Thanks again

1 Like

Hi @Agency , I am able to reproduce and we are investigating. I’ll let you know when I have an update.

2 Likes

Hey, is there an estimated timeline to remediate bugs like these? I’m not sure if Gatsby is a huge priority for Builder so maybe it will be awhile? Please advise. Thanks

Hi @Agency , at this time we do not have an estimated timeframe but I’ll keep you posted on any updates.

Hey, just checking in. Any updates for this? These browsers are > 1% users so it’s important that I can reach these users.