Can you uploaded webm video files?

Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to upload a webm video file to the page I am working on.

Please fill out as many of the following questions as possible so we can help you promptly! If you don’t know how to answer or it does not apply, feel free to remove it or leave it blank.

Builder content link
e.g. builder.io/content/4cab34394e684fe7b93d6ef5493a8a51

Builder public api key
ac31696b9dc343e596ea79d2a14be184

What are you trying to accomplish
upload webm file

Screenshots or video link
Screenshots of your issue, or even better a link to a video of what is happening or what you are trying to accomplish. We love using loom for that sort of thing

Code stack you are integrating Builder with
e.g. NextJS, react, Shopify

Reproducible code example
If you are having integration errors, please link to codesandbox or copy and paste your problematic code here. The more detail the better!

Hey @Jermpaquette, I believe you spoke to our support team but wanted to follow up here as well for posterity.

Yes! You definitely can upload .webm files within Builder, as well as .gif, .mov, and .mp4 files. In fact, there are a few ways you can achieve this.

To start with, if you are setting up a Model, you can easily create a video field as part of said model. Simply select the File type from the dropdown, and you will see all file types available within Builder. If you select the relevant file types, whenever a user adds a video to that model, those file types will be available and accepted
Screen Recording

If you are building a page or section, simply drag a video component, (Builder has one by default, or you can use a custom component that includes a video) and you should be able to choose the video file to upload from the UI. Once uploaded you can select the various options as desired.

You can see a gif how to upload here, on Giphy

Finally, you can also simply upload a video file at Builder.io: Drag and drop page builder and CMS

This will give you a URL to our Builder CDN, which you can then use as the video link within the component in Builder. To update that URL, simple right click the video and select JSON view. From here, you can paste the video URL in the “video” option of the Video component JSON.

Hope that helps and please reach out if you should have any further questions!