Lost my admin account

I’ve lost access to my admin account. We are putting together a demo for a client for tomorrow to pitch them to use builder.io. When we try to login it says that there is no account by that name. Similar for resetting password.

However, content is still being served, so I expect that the account is blocked. Please can it be unblocked so that we can try to sell this service?

Hey @rob.egginton, welcome to the Builder forum. Could you please share the email that you are locked out of? If you are not comfortable sharing the email on the forum you can raise a request via the Builder application. You can create a request like this-

While you are at Space or Content level, you will find the following menu on the bottom-left hand-side:

Then click (?) Help which will take you to this menu:

Then click on Contact Support and you will see the following pop-up window with the following details to provide:

​ => => ​​

Thanks!

The email address is development@c3media.co.uk

Sadly as we are locked out of the application, I cannot log into the application to alert anyone that I cannot log into the application that I’m locked out of.

@rob.egginton Could you please confirm if multiple users are accessing this account using the same email? If so, I would like to inform you that using a single email for multiple users is against our usage policy, and we need you to take urgent action by having 1 account per user, each with a unique email address.

We will try to re-enable the account to ensure you can progress with the ongoing work. However, we suspect the root of the issue is due to the use of 1 email by multiple users.

Lastly, as a general rule, using a shared Admin account is not a good security practice:

• For example, if someone using this account mistakingly deletes part of a page or space, the originator cannot be identified.
  • Or, if a person leaves your organization, they could still access your Builder account (unless the password is changed every time someone leaves).

Hey @rob.egginton could you please try signing up using the same email again? If that doesn’t work please let me know the error you are receiving on the signup and share an alternative email with me. I will add that email to your org and space so you aren’t locked out till we get the main account back.

Yes, we were sharing out the setup for the demo with this login. Not something we would do ongoing with a client account.

I’ll try to sign up again.

I was avoiding this as we were afraid we might lose the account content if we did that!

OK, I’ve signed back up, but as I feared the content is missing?

Hey @rob.egginton I will add you back to the org. I will update you once it is done.

1 Like

I have invited you back to the space. Please check and let me know.

Note: You will see my test email added as an admin as well. This was done to make sure we don’t lose access to the account. Once you are able to access the space and org I will remove the test email from your space and org.

Thanks. But this space has no content. Were there no other spaces associated with the org? Called something like C3 Dev?

Can you share a screenshot of what you see? There is no other space in this org. I can see “C3 Dev Space” has some content in it.

I can only see the one space. I can’t see C3 Dev Space.

That is a different org and space. Could you see if you are navigating to the orgs properly? Here is a loom for your reference.

Also, please share the API of the space you are currently seeing. → Follow this link for instructions on finding your API key

Yes, that’s how I’m navigating to spaces - there’s only one available for me at the moment.

The public API key we are using is af3d900728de41bba65b3e45413312bc. That does not match the one on the account I have access to

I need the API of the new space that you are accessing. Also, please logout and login again and let me know if you are still not seeing the old space.

C3 Dev space is now showing against the org. Thankyou!

That is great to know. Please make sure to use 1 account per user in future.

1 Like