Shopify Hydrogen SSR Issue

Shopify Hydrogen SSR Issue

I’m trying to add Builder.io to a Hydrogen project, I followed the instructions in the official example found in GitHub - BuilderIO/builder-shopify-hydrogen: Builder.io Headless Page Builder example with Shopify Hydrogen and it worked but… It seems to render the components client side, the idea of using hydrogen is having SSR with hydration when needed and the least amount of only client side elements.

I need help finding out if there’s a way to SSR with Shopify Hydrogen and Builder.io. Right now it feels like creating a SPA with a nice visual editor.

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Thanks @RafaRemo for reporting this, it should render server side, we’re looking into this issue and will push an update to the starter to fix this soon

1 Like

This issue is resolved now if you pull the latest work from the starter GitHub - BuilderIO/builder-shopify-hydrogen: Builder.io Headless Page Builder example with Shopify Hydrogen

@aziz this is great!! Thank you for the fast response :slight_smile: . I’ll test it out right away!

awesome, let me know how it goes, one note since the fix is an postinstall script, you’d want to:

rm -rf node_modules
yarn