Things no longer working in Visual Editor that once were working

Hello,

Things that were working before are no longer working. I’ve logged in two days in a row and find something not working, but nothing has changed in the code or on the pages. I tried reverting to older published pages to see if something happened since the last edit and still nothing works. I’m not sure if something is going on with Builder or if something got changed that I’m not aware of.

For example, on the Initial Registration Form Template, I did have the X button working and now it’s not working. Also, my LP registration button symbol used to work when clicked, the registration form would pop up and now it’s not even doing that.

Any help would be appreciated.

My public API key: 869cdfafcf774c72803307f3946c15b0

e60be9a80bbd4b81689b47c333e50f834564d3b3_2_420x500
e034485dd59582c506e6e18b03ba129fde215fef_2_612x500

Hello dalia,

I’ve come across your post and taken a look at the functionality of your form and button. These appear to be working at this point, but please let me know if there’s anything else I can take a look at.

If, in the future, you have an issue you’d like Builder Support to assist with, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly at support@builder.io

Thanks again for your patience and please let me know if there’s anything regarding this issue where I can provide clarification or direction.

Hi @JuliusGD, thanks for checking! I noticed the “register now” button started working again a few days later, but cannot figure out how to get the X button on the registration form to work. Not sure if I’m missing something in the code, or my placement is incorrect. Are you able to help out with that?

Currently I have the close (x) button with an onclick event set to state.closeForm = true; Then the element data binding is set to get style.display from state.closeForm ? "none": "block".

I’m not sure if this is the correct way to do it since I had it working prior and instead of closing out the entire form and returning to the main screen, it deleted the form and then i’m left with a small white box, which is not what I want.

Hello dalia,

Would you be able to take a look at the “SS-101K-Test – registration form” model and attempt to close the form? Please let me know if this is what you had been aiming for.
I used the data binding and element event method from this doc: Making interactive content in Builder.io with state and actions - Builder.io

If you had originally searched for documentation and were unable to find what you were looking for, please let me know the keywords you had used; I can reach out to our documentation team and assist in improving our doc searchability.

Thanks Julius! That’s the documentation I had found. I played around with it and tried different methods and I originally had it how you currently have it done. It works and “closes”, but as I mentioned I was getting a white box after closing it (see attached). I didn’t know if there was another way of doing it or where else to add the state where instead of closing the container it’s in, it closes out of the entire form. I might just be putting it in the wrong location.

Hello dalia,

I wanted to revisit this issue.

I was able to recreate the straggling white box with the method I suggested.

While I was attempting another solution I noticed that selecting the options tab crashes the visual editor. Is this a recent development? If you are making changes to your Builder Integration, I will hold off on working on this issue.
6758DC29-AD01-461F-AEC8-F105C377D450_4_5005_c

I noticed a random IMG box on the form so when I deleted it, the options tab was working again. I’m not sure why that caused the issue, but seems to be fine now. Our project is pretty much complete, just trying to get the X button to work, but shouldn’t have any other changes being made.

Hello dalia,

While attempting a solution, I’ve located some errors in the CSS & JS content section of the Close Button model. Would you be able to resolve these before continuing?

Apologies for the delay Julius. I was able to fix the CSS issue so hopefully that helped.

Hello Dalia.

I was able to accomplish using the following method to update the state on modal in the context object in your “Close Button” symbol.

Video

Page Preview

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can clarify regarding this issue.
And thanks for the patience!