Warning: React does not recognize the `currentSlide` prop on a DOM element

Hello,

I’ve just started with builder.io today, and have hit the first roadblock:

I’ve started an instance of the next-js-example app from your repo, connected it to my builder.io account, created a page and placed a carousel on it, to try and work my way around the app.

Half an hour later, I get the following errors in my localhost and via the builder.io application:

Warning: React does not recognize the currentSlide prop on a DOM element. If you intentionally want it to appear in the DOM as a custom attribute, spell it as lowercase currentslide instead. If you accidentally passed it from a
parent component, remove it from the DOM element.

Warning: React does not recognize the slideCount prop on a DOM element. If you intentionally want it to appear in the DOM as a custom attribute, spell it as lowercase slidecount instead. If you accidentally passed it from a pare
nt component, remove it from the DOM element.

I did remove the slider and the readded it, so that may be why - but in any case, I do not know how to solve it. Any suggestions?

Hi @narcismus , welcome to the forum and thanks for reporting this! This appears to be a bug with the React SDK related to the react-slick library so I’ve opened a ticket with our engineering team. While I was able to reproduce the error when using the Carousel widget it did not seem to affect the functionality of the component. In the meantime, you can also take a look at the open source component and override it with your own if you prefer.

Hi Ancheetah,

Thanks for the reply, I’m glad it wasn’t on my end!

Yes, the functionality of the component seems fine, but not sure how it works on deployment, I haven’t yet set up a staging environment to test.

Well, I guess this is a good time to start getting into building my own components! In any case, can you please let me know when the ticket is resolved, I may or may not get the chance to build my custom component until then.

Thanks,

Narcis

1 Like

No problem! I’ll notify you here with any updates

Hi ancheetah,

I have another problem - I’ve removed the carousel, but I am still getting the error when I go on the page. Is that because there is some information left over from the carousel that I need to remove? If so, how do I remove that info?

Regards,

Narcis

Hi @narcismus , we discussed this over a private chat but just wanted to update here that the carousel component remaining on the page after deleting was related to a bug that has since been fixed. Thanks!