Why is my text or link underlined when I did not style it that way?

Many websites have css styles that apply to all a tags, which is what any element that has a link to another page is made out of. What this means is that sometimes you will see styles applied to text boxes in Builder even though you did not apply them. The most common style most websites and browser apply to links is underline.

If you are seeing styles applied to your text that you are not adding via Builder, check your site’s css to see if there are any rules that apply to all links (a tag elements). That rule will most likely look something like, with various changes to the styles:

a {
  text-decoration: underline;
  color: blue;
  font-weight: bold;
}

If you are seeing your text underlined and are not applying that style in Builder, and you checked your css and did not find any styles that apply to a tags, the style might be coming from the browser’s built in css styles that it applies to all pages. To override that base style, you can add a css rule to your site’s css, or to the custom css section in the Builder page you are editing. An example rule you could use is:

a {
  text-decoration: none;
}
1 Like

Hi Korey,

is there a way to set global CSS styling? So far I haven’t found a way and have been adding it to every page manually. This would also help me with styling headers and body text. Thanks!