Price shows wrong currency

Hello,

I am editing a collection page and for some reason it keeps showing the currency as USD when our store currency is QAR. It doesn’t convert, it shows me the correct price in QAR but with a dollar sign. How do I replace the dollar sign with QAR?

Thanks!

Hey @aaa419, while Shopify handles multi-currency on their end, some blocks in Builder (e.g. the product box) are only tied to $ signs at this time. We’re working to improve this experience in the visual editor!

Hi Kara, is there any way around it? This would really confuse our clients if we kept the dollar sign.

Hi @aaa419,

To change the currency you’ll need to change this in the product price bindings (the product regular price and product sale price layer).

Once you select one of these layers, you can navigate to the data tab and edit the component.options.text binding by selecting the <> icon. You can change the currency on the 5th line where it shows return "$".

After you’ve changed the currency, you can save the product box as a template so you don’t have to change the binding every time you add a product box to a page.

Thanks Maddy! This is the only code that shows for me though, maybe I’m pressing the wrong button? :frowning:

@aaa419 Can you send me a link to your page so I can take a look?

Thanks! Sorry for the confusion, I didn’t realize you were editing a collection page. The suggestion I provided can be used for product/collection boxes rather than collection pages because they have different bindings. You can find the product and collection boxes in the insert tab under “Shopify”.

It worked! Thank you so much

Hi
I’ve dragged a Collection onto the page, is this still the best way to edit to change to ‘£’ on prices on all the products on the page?
I can’t seem to find the relevant code, is it different there?
I also don’t get the ‘From…’ when the product has variants at different prices, should I get that?
Thanks
Cheers
Richard

Hi @rjcuser,

The Builder product price block is not hard-coded with the currency you’re seeing. Instead, it is dynamic and set based on the currency set in the user’s window (you can see what currency is set by pasting this in the dev tools console: window.Shopify.currency.active). If the user’s currency is set to ‘£’, the Builder product price will reflect this.

I encourage you to follow a few steps:-

• From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Store details.
  • In the Store currency section, select your new store currency from the list. If you aren’t able to select a new currency, then you need to contact Shopify Support to change your store currency.
  • Click Save.

Let us know if you have further questions!

Hi Garima

It is set to ‘£’ in Shopify.

Interestingly it shows correctly in a product page, but doesn’t in a collection page.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Cheers
Richard

@rjcuser Could you please share your builder content entry link for further investigation?