Replicate template change to all pages

Hi there,
I don’t know if it’s already possible at the moment or if it should be tagged as a feature request.

I created a header/footer template and whenever I change it, I’m forced to go to all my pages, remove the previous item and add the new one.
Is there a way to have a “global template” or a specific item that will be replicated to all pages when it changes ?

Thanks a lot!

Hi, Saad! Thanks for the question.

This is possible with Builder. You can make your header/footer a symbol, and any changes made to the symbol will automatically update on every page it is used on.

To convert your header/footer into a symbol, just right-click and select “Convert to symbol”. This will prompt you to give your symbol a name.

Now, you can use your symbol on any page. While in the “insert” tab, select symbols and drag and drop your symbol on the page. You can also select the “symbol” block to use a symbol on your page.

If you want to make changes to your symbol, you can click “edit” on the symbol (on any page) and it will redirect you to the original symbol. Then, you can make any changes you want and it will update on every page it is used.

I hope this was helpful! If you have any questions, feel free to reach back out.

Perfect! It is exactly what I was looking for

1 Like

hi @maddy , what if I only want the layout changes to persist and not the content, I want content to change for every page.

Hi @rythm

Might Dynamic Symbols help Dynamic Symbols - Builder.io, but let me know more about your use case if this doesn’t help!